Skip to content
Berry Grilled Cheese
Don't get yourself into a sandwich rut!
Sneak some antioxidants into your lunch routine by making this creamy, berry infused sandwich.
Makes 1 sandwich
1/2 tablespoon butter (substitute with avocado or coconut oil)
2 slices bread
2 tablespoons cream cheese (substitute non-dairy cream cheese)
1/2 cup berries (roughly chopped)
1. Spread butter (or oil) on 1 side of each slice of bread
2. Layer berries atop cream cheese on one slice of bread. Close sandwich with second slice of bread, butter side out
3. Place sandwich onto hot pan and cook on one side 3-4 minutes, until slightly crispy and golden
4. Carefully flip sandwich to second side, and cook another 3-4 minutes. Be sure not to press while sandwich is cooking- you don't want to mash the berries!
5. Cool completely cut before packing
* You can also make this a french toast by dipping the sandwich in an egg, milk, and cinnamon mixture and cooking in a buttered (or oiled) pan instead!