Cookie monsters, rejoice! This cookie won't crumble!
If you're a cookie dough lover, these vegan raw citrus bites are for you! Think lemony cookie dough. Best part? Only a few ingredients needed and they're gluten and refined sugar-free!
Omit the lemon and use this recipe as a base for experimenting with different flavors or try adding in cacao nibs or chocolate chips!
Makes 18 small balls
What you'll need:
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 ½ cup almond flour (blanched)
1/4 cup lemon juice
2tbsp coconut oil, melted
4tbsp cashew butter (or almond, sun, or soy butter)
1/3 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1. Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until everything is well combined.
2. Take a spoonful at a time and roll them into the palms of your hands into a ball shape. We measured heaping teaspoons, but you can make them as big or as little as you want.
3. Leave them plain, or roll the balls in shredded coconut or lemon or lime zest.
4. Arrange the balls on a parchment lined pan and refrigerate 15-30 minutes until firm.
5. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
6. When packing lunch, we suggest packing with a ColdKit.