Earth Day Activities
We're celebrating the 50th anniversary of Earth Day with some cheerful activities for the whole family!
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1. Mix butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, and salt.
2. Mix dry ingredients and add to butter mixture.
3. Chill dough for an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Mix 1/4 dough with green food coloring in bowl. In a second bowl, mix 3/4 dough with blue food coloring.
6. Grab a small piece of each color and carefully roll into a 1 inch ball. Add optional heart sprinkle.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
8. After removing from oven, use the bottom of a glass to flatten cookies.
Empty toilet paper roll
Sticks, leaves, grass and other foraged items from your very own backyard
HOW TO PLANT A GARDEN:
1. Consider your climate and level of experience when choosing which plants to grow.
2. Choose a location with plenty of sun, ample space, and close proximity to a water source.
3. Condition your soil with your kitchen compost.
4. Plant seeds into soil, following directions of optimal spacing.
5. Moisten the soil with water.
6. Watch your seeds grow!