Chickpea, Kale, & Farro Salad
1 cup Bob’s Redmill uncooked farro
3/4 cup Bob’s Redmill dried chickpeas
1 1/2 cups chopped kale
1/2 cup red onion
2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into 2” thin strips
1/2 teaspoon flake salt, or salt to taste
3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
1. Soak the dried chickpeas in water for at least 2 hours. Cook as directed on the package and set aside.
2. Cook the farro as directed on the package. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat a small frying pan to medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil. When the oil reaches temperature, add the red onion and cook until they begin to become translucent.
4. In a large bowl, Combine kale and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Use your hands to massage the kale and soften it with the olive oil.
5. Add the remaining ingredients (carrots, cooked chickpeas and cooked farro), plus 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt and toss until thoroughly combined.
* In partnership with Bob's Red Mill
Recipe from @lalalunchbox