In doing our part to reduce our carbon footprint this month, we swapped the traditional hot dog for carrots and now there's some serious competition in our hot dog world. Make one or make many for the whole family!
1 Tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
1 cup water (or vegetable broth for more flavor)
4 hot dog buns
1/4 cup mayo
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 tbsp lime juice
1 garlic clove, chopped
1. Combine maple syrup, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, and water in a pan.
2. Add carrots, cover, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
3. Remove lid and let cook another 5 minutes until liquid is reduced.
4. Mix together mayo ingredients.
4. Serve with herbed mayo and/or your favorite hot dog toppings!