- Salt, to taste
- 6 orange bell peppers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¾ cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, store bought or homemade
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 cup shredded jack or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Meanwhile, follow instructions on rice package and cook fully.
- Prep pepper by cutting the top ½ inch off in a full circle. Remove the top along with the seeds and any white internal ribs. Cut out a jack-o-lantern face on each pepper with a small pairing knife.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, heat the butter or oil. Add the onion and season with salt and taco seasoning. Cook for a few minutes, until translucent.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and mix in seasoned onions. Allow the rice mixture to cool completely, then mix in the shredded cheese. Taste the filling for salt and adjust to your palate.
- Fill each pepper with the rice mixture and place on your lined baking sheet. Top the peppers with the lids.
- Bake the peppers in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the pepper is done to desired tenderness.
- Let cool before packing in box.
Witches Broomstick Pretzels and satsuma mandarins