Mashed Potato Bites
For a fully vegan bite, see our recipe below for dairy-free mashed potatoes!
1 cups mashed potatoes, cooled
1 cup chopped raw spinach
¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
Salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400ª
2. Mix cooled mashed potatoes with spinach.
3. Using a Tablespoon to measure, scoop out mixture and shape into balls.
4. Roll balls in breadcrumbs and bake for 20-25 minutes
5. Serve with applesauce, ketchup, or even gravy for dipping!
*makes 16 balls
Vegan Mashed Potatoes:
1 pound yukon gold potatoes, (we keep them unpeeled!)
2 Tablespoons vegan butter
Sea salt, to taste
2 cloves garlic, chopped (optional)
1. Cut potatoes into quarters and add to a pot. Cover the potatoes with several inches of water and add 1-2 tablespoons of salt. Bring to a boil.
2. Allow potatoes to boil for 25-30 minutes until tender. Reserve 1 cup of cooking water and drain.
3. Over medium heat, melt butter. If you like garlic and extra flavor, add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes one butter has melted.
4. Add butter and salt to potatoes. Mash until creamy, but still chunky. The chunkier consistency works well for our Mashed Potato Bites!